Make your go-to mic go farther
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers and broadcasters, you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 Overview
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries
All powered up
Need phantom power for your condenser mic? iRig Pre 2’s 2 AA batteries provide true +48V phantom power (many other mobile mic preamps only offer 32V, degrading your mic’s performance) for around 7 hours of continuous use.
To use your favorite dynamic or ribbon mic, simply turn off the phantom power and you’re good to go for even longer, up to 20 hours!
Don’t waste a take
A time-saving 3.5mm (1/8") headphone output now offers direct monitoring, so you can listen back to ensure the signal is perfect before you start recording or streaming!
It’s perfect for all today’s popular live-streaming and video recording apps, so you can hop from app to app with confidence you’ll always sound your best.
And for DSLRs and digital cameras, it makes set up a snap without needing to dive into menus or set up alternate workarounds to monitor the sound.
Works in more situations
You can easily access your favorite apps while recording or performing by mounting the iRig Pre 2to your mic stand or other convenient stage locations using the included Velcro strip slot. For secure mic stand mounting for your connected smartphone, tablet or digital camera, be sure to check out our iKlip series, which offers a choice of flexible-mounting options for a variety of scenarios.
- For iPhone, iPad, Android and digital cameras
- Built-in XLR connector for microphones
- Adjustable gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Attached 40cm (15.75") TRRS cable
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output
- Powered by 2xAA batteries
- On/Off switch
- Compatible with all your favorite apps
- Frequency response: from 50 Hz to 20 KHz
- EIN (@gain min): -113.5 dBA
- EIN (@ gain max): -92.4dBA
- THD+N: -90 dBA / 0,003%
- Gain range: 48dB
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 2xAA): approx 20 hours when phantom is off, approx 7 hours when phantom is on
61/33 Moo 6, Sao Thong Hin, Bangyai, Nonthaburi 11140, Thailand
9:00-18:00 Monday-Friday, by appointment only (We will be closed on public holidays)
Contact phone number:
To contact us via email, Please submit our contact form and we will reply as soon as we can.