ROLI Seaboard Rise 49
- Keywave playing surface has unprecedented expressive potential
- Polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch enhance any performance
- Slide notes just as with a ribbon controller
- Comes with Equator synthesizer designed specifically for Seaboard
Keywave playing surface has unprecedented expressive potential
The smooth playing surface on the Seaboard Rise 49 has 49 molded Keywaves arranged similarly to a typical piano keyboard. When we first got our hands on it only took a moment to adapt to the lack of physical keys. We also noticed the amazing sensitivity: the response is adjustable, and at the most extreme sensitivity settings you barely need to touch a Keywave to play a note. Digging into chords and emphasizing certain notes felt much more satisfying than the aftertouch found on most keyboards. And it quickly becomes second nature to wiggle notes for a vibrato effect. Sit down at the Seaboard Rise 49 and play a piece you know well, and you’ll soon discover more expressive potential than you ever had with a traditional keyboard.
Polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch enhance any performance
With the Roli Seaboard Rise 49 you can strike a chord, then bend the pitch of just a single note. Or add pressure to a single note to add modulation, while other notes remain unaffected. It’s this level of expression that allows you to perform with more dynamics and nuance than you ever could with a typical keyboard. For the one-person composer/orchestrator/performer, it can enable you to quickly add expressive lifelike interpretations to your group or solo instrument samples.
Slide notes just as with a ribbon controller
Because the Seaboard Rise 49’s Keywaves all flow together, you can actually slide between notes like you can on a fretless instrument. Just hit one note, slide your finger along the Keywaves, and the note will glide right along. And the flat area in front of the Keywaves acts as a ribbon controller, allowing you to play notes and slide between them.
Comes with Equator synthesizer designed specifically for Seaboard
Along with the Seaboard Rise 49, you’ll receive Roli’s Equator software synthesizer, a custom instrument that takes advantage of the Seaboard’s advanced expressive capabilities. Browse hundreds of presets directly from the Seaboard using the SoundDial, from realistic pianos and guitars to evocative pads and extreme synth leads. And of course, you can use the Seaboard Rise 49 as a controller for all of your other virtual instruments, too.
Roli Seaboard Rise 49 USB Keyboard Features:
- 49-note USB controller with 5D touch keybed
- Keywave playing surface allows you to slide between notes and use unique playing techniques
- Supports wireless MIDI via Bluetooth
- Supports polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch
- Control pedal input offers even more expressive potential
- Reassuringly rugged with all-metal construction
- Comes with Equator software synthesizer (PC, Mac)
- Number of Keys:49
- Type of Keys:Keywaves
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4″ continuous control pedal
- MIDI I/O:USB/Bluetooth
- USB:1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz or higher, 8GB RAM recommended
- Hardware Requirements – PC:Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz or higher, 8GB RAM recommended
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.9 or later, iOS 9 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Supply:Rechargeable battery / optional 9-12V 2A DC port
- Weight:12.13 lbs.