iLoud MTM White Edition - Single
High-resolution compact studio monitor
Your music as you’ve never heard before
IK’s iLoud Micro Monitors stunned an industry. Producers and engineers at every level marveled at the performance coming from such a small setup, so IK challenged our team to push its concept even further - to design a new compact speaker to rival 5”, 6” and even 8” monitors.
The result is iLoud MTM, and it changes everything about the sound, accuracy and convenience of reference monitors in today’s modern studio.
Once you hear iLoud MTM, you’ll find it hard to ever go back to traditional big-box speakers.
Reference-class, ultra-linear response
The first job of any studio monitor is to deliver accurate, uncolored sound so you can trust your mixing decisions will translate across multiple playback systems. iLoud MTM uses the most advanced DSP techniques to provide total control over the speakers’ performance, delivering results simply not obtainable with traditional analog designs.
Highs are neutral and defined, mids are clear and balanced, and lows are as balanced as ever. You can mix for hours with no ear fatigue, and the work you create will translate better than ever. And of course it’s loud, with 100W RMS total power per speaker and 103dB SPL maximum sound pressure, delivering the proven volume the iLoud brand is known for.
Extended low-end to rival larger systems
iLoud Micro Monitor wowed the world with the bass performance it delivered from a 3” speaker that “defied physics”. But iLoud MTM offers even more, with even bass response down to an astonishing 40Hz ideal for modern music styles.
iLoud MTM debuts IK’s new patent-pending Physical Response Linearization (PRL™) system, that uses a precise model of the enclosure’s design, construction and materials, combined with electro-mechanical measurements of the real units, to correct the system’s performance in real time. The result is a stunningly “firm,” balanced and defined low end, to surpass the sound of speakers even twice iLoud MTM’s size.
Deep bass is solid and firm - you won’t believe sound like this comes from a monitor so small.
A new phase in accurate sound reproduction
Most conventional studio monitors, even high-end designs, suffer from skewed phase response caused by traditional, phase-shifting crossovers and driver/enclosure phase alterations. The end result is an unfocused stereo image, blurry transients, and overall lack of detail. iLoud MTM leverages IK’s two decades of DSP experience to offer a true phase-coherent response across the useful frequency spectrum, for unbelievably realistic, natural sound like you’ve never heard.
You’ll hear instruments and dialogue as if it’s happening live, discover more detail in your tracks than ever before, and stop wasting hours trying to EQ away issues with your mixes that were never really there. This linear-phase response is rarely found in speakers even several times iLoud MTM’s price, and has to be heard to be appreciated.
Symmetrical MTM design for superior imaging and precision
iLoud MTM uses a midrange-tweeter-midrange symmetrical design, with a pair of 3.5” high performance woofers and one 1” high definition, back-chamber loaded tweeter, which provides ultra precise, defined, point source sound that can’t be achieved by traditional 2-way systems at close distances. This means an even more natural, life-like sound, where the speakers “disappear” and you can focus on the music. It also minimizes the ear fatigue caused by traditional 2- or 3-way designs, where different frequencies arrive at your ear at different times. So you can mix longer, with less effort.
iLoud MTM’s design also offers exceptional sound dispersion, enhancing the transparency and neutrality of what you hear.
The controlled dispersion minimizes the impact of room acoustics, for even truer monitoring.
Instantly adjust to any room environment
Today’s studios can be anywhere, from acoustician-designed spaces to a spare bedroom. Too many speaker manufacturers keep designing for ideal acoustic environments, ideal positioning and large listening distances. But many musicians simply don’t have that luxury.
Adjust your angle in any situation
It’s often overlooked – your studio monitors’ tweeters need to point at your ears. This is even more critical in modern studios where more and more musicians are using them at very close distances, like on a desktop beside their laptop or computer screen.
iLoud MTM includes a tilting mount that not only helps isolate it, but also angles from 0° to 20° for correct positioning in a wide range of setups. That’s higher than most other “tilting” monitors, that too often can’t actually reach the needed angle for a desktop or other close-listening setup.
Digitally-controlled for precision audio
iLoud MTM uses audiophile-grade high resolution algorithms and the top-of-the line A/D converters to carefully manage cross-overs, filtering, time alignment, equalization, dynamics control and auto-calibration. Totally DSP-controlled and precision time-aligned, iLoud MTM also manages the off-axis response to manage the effects of room reverberations.
The product of IK’s 20+ years’ experience in digital signal processing, the advanced processing onboard helps iLoud MTM deliver sound far beyond anything in its size or class.
- Type: 2-Way/3-speakers bi-amped, digitally controlled studio monitor
- LF Drivers: 2 x 3.5” polypropylene custom made mid-woofers
- HF Driver: 1” low distortion, back chambered silk dome tweeter
- Acoustic Design: DSP tuned bass reflex
- Number of amps per speaker: 2
- Amplifiers type: High efficiency Class-D
- Total power: 100W RMS
- LF power: 70W RMS
- HF power: 30W RMS
- Crossover Type: Linear Phase Variable Order
- Crossover Frequency: 3.1kHz
- Frequency response: from 50 Hz to 24 kHz +/- 2dB (40 Hz -6dB when uncal, -3 dB when cal)
- Phase response: System remains coherent within +/- 15° from 200Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity at +4dBu: 0dBu signal generates a 100 dB SPL @ 1 m
- Sensitivity at -10dBV: -11dBu signal generates a 100 dB SPL @ 1 m
- Maximum SPL @ 1m, one speaker playing, on axis: 103dB from 200Hz up sine wave, 95dB at 100Hz sine, 93dB pink noise
- Placement setup: Manual switches for LF Extension, LF trim, HF trim, Desk position
- LF extension: switch Sets -3dB point of the frequency response at 40, 50 or 60 Hz
- LF switch: Low shelf, +2dB or -3dB from 100Hz down
- HF switch: high shelf, +2dB or -2dB from 8kHz up
- Desk switch: -4dB at 160Hz and +1dB at 1.8kHz
- Calibration: Fully automatic and built-in digital calibration, microphone included
- Measurement Microphone: Omnidirectional, Mems based precision measurement microphone
- Full DSP control
- Connectors: 1x combo XLR-1/4” TRS balanced input; 1/8” TS ARC microphone input, 1 x USB type-B (service use only), AC POWER socket
- Power requirement: 90 to 240 V AC, auto-ranging, 50 or 60Hz, 120W max power consumption