ADAM Audio: elevating the state of the art
From its 1999 launch in Berlin, ADAM Audio has built a solid reputation among the pro audio cognoscente. knows that a superior speaker system has superior components, and this is one area where the company has a distinct edge. With years of R&D behind each proprietary driver, ADAM Audio's custom driver technology expresses itself in breakthroughs such as their X-ART (eXtended Accelerating Ribbon Technology) tweeter, which is based on a groundbreaking 1960s invention, the Heil Air Motion Transformer — and in fact, was the main impetus for the formation of ADAM Audio. The X-ART tweeter became the key to ADAM's signature transparent, high-definition sound; and the core development of ADAM’s proprietary designs going forward.
Embracing, exploiting, and working with modern materials has allowed ADAM Audio to formulate loudspeaker components that continually elevate the state of the art in studio monitor design. Materials such as rare-earth magnets and high-strength diaphragm foils have increased reliability, enhanced performance, and made possible new driver geometry. As compared with conventional driver technology, Adam drivers deliver optimized radiation characteristics, lower distortion, and higher efficiency. Along with installations in a growing number of top studios, ADAM Audio's monitor range has garnered rave reviews from audio experts and recording engineers worldwide. If you're considering an upgrade to world-class monitoring, you'll be in good company with ADAM Audio monitors.
- Linear bass reproduction down to 28Hz
- Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m ≥ 110dB
- High-efficiency 160W PWM amplifier
- Special 8.5" woofer with paper diaphragm
- Easy manual or automatic (de-)activation
- Upper cutoff frequency is selectable between 50Hz and 150Hz
- Switchable highpass filter for satellite outputs, rolls off signal below 85Hz
- Remote control included
- Analog XLR and RCA inputs
- 2-year warranty; optional extension to 3 years upon product registration