Ship from supplier within 2-3 days
Focusrite RedNet 1
Focusrite RedNet 1
What is RedNet?
RedNet is Focusrite’s flagship range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s tried and tested Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application. Fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Designed with multiple audio applications in mind – from Live Sound rigs to Multi-room Recording Studios, Houses of Worship, Audio Distribution Installations, Post Production environments and anything in-between – fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Incorporating Focusrite’s most advanced AD/DA conversion to date, rock-stable JetPLL clocking and premium multi-layered board circuitry, RedNet is no exception to the company’s philosophy that ‘Sound is Everything’. With every design detail meticulously engineered, RedNet is a step above its I/O competition, providing some of the most transparent and pristine audio quality available – with the added benefit of the systems’ revolutionary networking capabilities.
How does RedNet interface with my computer?
There are three methods of connecting the RedNet network to your computer: RedNet 5 (for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX and Pro Tools HD Native), the RedNet PCIe card (for ASIO and Core Audio applications) and directly into your computer’s Ethernet port with DVS or ‘Dante Virtual Soundcard’.
Pro Tools HD:
RedNet 5 is a bridge between Pro Tools HD systems and the RedNet network, delivering the level of latency and I/O count you would expect from your Pro Tools HD system, to the simplicity and convenience of Ethernet.
Core Audio Applications:
For Core Audio and ASIO applications such as Logic and Nuendo, the RedNet PCIe card can be fitted to Windows or Mac computers with a standard PCIe card slot. It delivers 128 channels I/O at 96kHz sampling, with three milliseconds latency at 96kHz*. A standard RJ45 Ethernet connector links your audio computer to the rest of the network via a standard GigE switch.
Via your Ethernet port….
Where ultra-low latency performance is less important, the Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) software can be used to host the network from your computer’s built-in Ethernet port. This provides latency figures equivalent to Focusrite’s professional FireWire interfaces. The virtual driver can also be used in small-scale portable system based around a laptop.
*Assumes a buffer setting of 64 samples
- Sonic Excellence – Advanced A-D/D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL™clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio at a dynamic range of 119dB with 24-bit resolution at sample rates up to 192kHz.
- Dante Audio Networking – Harnessing the power of Dante’s tried and tested digital audio networking system, RedNet forms an extremely scalable, modular audio distribution system that is compatible with any other Dante enabled products.
- Highly Expandable – RedNet’s modular “building block” design means that each system can be specified with any combination of RedNet units to ensure your system has the right type and quantity of I/O exactly where you need them.
- Extensive Compatibility – With many different options for interfacing with other hardware, whether it's MADI, AES 3, analogue, Mac, PC, Pro Tools|HD, or Dante-based products - RedNet will function with a huge range of devices and features multiple connectivity options.
RedNet 1 : 8-channel A-D/D-A
RedNet 1 connects to your network with a single Ethernet cable. It’s remotely controlled via the network and can be placed anywhere in your facility. It offers eight channels of line-level analogue in and out, with Focusrite’s precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion for superb audio performance, and 119dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192kHz. The rear panel includes standard DB25 connectors for analogue patchbay or breakout cable interfacing.
edNet 1 can be used simply as a means of converting 8 channels of audio and delivering it somewhere else on the network at near-zero latency. If you need to connect RedNet 1 to your computer there are 3 methods :
- The RedNet PCIe card for Core Audio and ASIO applications such as Logic and Nuendo
- RedNet 5 for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX and Pro Tools HD Native via DigiLink connectors
- Directly to your computer’s Ethernet port using a standard Ethernet cable (with “Dante Virtual Soundcard”)
Are you an authorized reseller?
YES! We are an authorized reseller in Thailand.
Where are you located?
Our office is located in Bang Yai, Nonthaburi, Thailand.
61/33 Moo 6, Sao Thong Hin, Bangyai
Nonthaburi 11140 THAILAND
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00
*Visit by appointment only.
Do you ship from Thailand?
YES, We ship all orders from our warehouse here, in Bangkok, Thailand.
How long does it take to dispatch my order?
We dispatch in-stock items within 1-2 business day. Orders placed during a weekend or public holiday will be processed the next business day.
Important Note: If the product is not in our inventory, please see an estimated delivery on each product page.
Can I pick up my order?
YES! Pickup is available by appointment.
Simply select “Pickup” at checkout, then complete your purchase online.
Once you’ve placed your order, our support team will contact you then you can schedule a pickup with us.
Important note: If the product is on backorder, we will contact you when it is ready for pickup. If you would like to check if the items in your order are in stock, we recommend you go to each product page.
Can I request a tax invoice?
I need a quotation for my company, what can I do?
Talk with us
- General questions / Book for an appointment
Thai (+66) 062-236-3322
Eng & Thai (+66) 080-201-1234 *Facetime audio, WhatsApp or LINE only
*If we couldn't pick up the phone. Please contact via email or fill out our contact form below. We'll get back to you asap.