Apogee Quartet for iPad & mac
The Ultimate Desktop Audio Interface
Apogee Quartet is the ultimate desktop audio interface and studio control center for professional recording. Made for the musician, producer and engineer that wants the ultimate sound quality and studio control in a compact desktop form factor, Quartet features legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, 4 world-class microphone preamps, USB MIDI I/O, ESS Sabre32 DAC technology and monitor controls.
With Quartet’s 4 Combo inputs you can connect microphones, guitars, keyboards or line level devices such as external mic preamps or a mixing board. Expand your system with 8 additional inputs via Quartets optical (ADAT/SMUX) digital IN. Quartet also includes 8 analog outputs – 6 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output. You can control up to 3 pairs of speakers or set Quartet up for 5.1 surround monitoring.
A difference you will hear
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Quartet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Quartet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation
Quartet’s AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Quartet’s efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class
Much like the AD/DA converters, Quartet’s mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Quartet’s mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Soft Limit for protection from
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee’s AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee’s most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Quartet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
SS Sabre32 DAC Technology
ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequalled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
Apogee Quartet Highlights
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz / 24-bit.
- 4 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
- 8 analog outputs – 6 balanced 1/4” outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
- 8 digital inputs via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX).
- Monitor control for up to 3 sets of speakers or 5.1 surround.
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac or PC.
- Direct digital connection with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 30-pin cable sold separately).
- Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
4 Analog Inputs:
- Combination line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- ADAT/SMUX Input, 8 channels, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
8 Analog Outputs:
- 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- MIDI output (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output on BNC connector
- 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
3 assignable touchpads to control:
- Mute Outputs
- Dim Outputs
- Sum to Mono
- Clear Meters
- Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California – Made in the U.S.A.
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)