UAD : Audio Apollo Twin MkII Heritage Edition
10-in/6-out Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface with DUO DSP Accelerator, 2 SHARC Processors, 2 Unison Preamps, LUNA Compatibility, Premium Plug-in Suite, and Realtime Analog Classics Plug-in Package - Mac/PC AAX 64, VST, AU, RTAS
Universal Audio's Apollo Twin MkII DUO improves on the acclaimed Apollo Twin interface with next-generation AD/DA converters for astonishingly wide dynamic range and ultra-low THD. And with expanded monitoring controls, the Apollo Twin MkII DUO packs console functionality into a desktop interface for Mac and PC. With built-in UAD processing, the Apollo Twin DUO lets you take advantage of the rich, warm, analog sound of UAD Powered Plug-ins during mixdown — and even in real time during tracking. Speaking of tracking, the Apollo Twin's astounding Unison mic preamp technology lets you re-create the sound of classic mic preamps in a way that software processing simply can't match. The Apollo Twin MkII DUO Heritage Edition comes with a premium suite of five award-winning plug-in titles, along with the Realtime Analog Classics bundle, arming you with accurate emulations of vintage analog hardware. The Apollo Twin MkII DUO also boasts compatibility with UA’s LUNA software, giving you a tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing environment, with full software-based control over your interface’s parameters, global console and tape emulations, and advanced real-time tracking.
The Apollo Twin MkII DUO captures the sound of legendary preamps with Unison Technology
The Apollo Twin MkII's Unison preamp technology goes so far beyond traditional software modeling and emulations that it's really in a category all its own. In essence, Unison is a bi-directional communication between the Apollo Twin's mic preamp and a Unison-capable plug-in, such as the included 610-B plug-in that re-creates the sound of Universal Audio's classic 610 tube preamp.
Sensational plug-in bundle included with your Apollo Twin!
UAD Powered Plug-ins have earned their reputation for being some of the most accurate emulations of analog audio equipment ever created. The astonishing processing power of the UAD platform is what makes these plug-ins sound so great. You simply can't get the depth, color, and character these plug-ins have without devoting huge CPU resources to them. Best of all, Apollo Twin MkII lets you record your audio through UAD plug-ins in real time with sub-2ms latency. When you buy the Apollo Twin DUO Heritage Edition, you’ll receive a premium suite of five award-winning plug-in titles:
- UA 1176 Collection with three unique versions: Rev A, Rev E, and AE
- Teletronix LA‑2A Classic Leveler Collection of three historic versions of the revered electro-optical tube processor
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection provides access to three historical and highly coveted Pultecs
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection including the storied Wally Heider "Green Board," used to record Neil Young, Ray Charles, Elvis Presley and Jimi Hendrix
- UA Pure Plate Reverb that delivers a shimmering, authentic plate reverb sound with a minimum of fuss
- You'll also receive the Realtime Analog Classics bundle:
- UA 610‐B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR
Thunderbolt is one of the most important technologies to impact audio production in years, and Universal Audio was one of the first to adopt it. Thanks to its blazing-fast connectivity, Thunderbolt offers lower latency and greater stability than USB or FireWire, clocking in with the speed and ultra-fast performance of a PCI Express system — but with the convenience of a single cable. Apollo Twin MkII's Thunderbolt connection lets you run projects with high track counts at incredibly low latency. In fact, you can even record through UAD plug-ins in real time with less than 2ms latency!
A gift from Millionhead — free Thunderbolt cable included
To ensure you're equipped for recording right out of the box, Millionhead is including a free Thunderbolt cable with this interface. Plug into a Thunderbolt-equipped desktop or laptop computer and enjoy ultra-fast performance with incredibly low latency.
Many audio interfaces have a volume control that reduces digital bit depth as you lower the volume — so unless you're listening at the maximum volume level, you're not really hearing your mix as you should be. The Apollo Twin MkII is equipped with digitally controlled analog monitor outputs, where your audio passes through at its full resolution and is attenuated in the analog realm. Even at low volume levels, the Apollo Twin MkII lets you accurately determine if your mix has the punch, impact, and detail that it needs. Handy controls for Mute, Dim, Mono, and Alt speaker switching offer console-like control over your monitoring experience. And to top it all off, a built-in talkback mic provides easy studio communication.
Thanks to the combined power and flexibility of Thunderbolt connectivity and UA Console 2.0 management software, it’s incredibly easy to combine up to four Apollo interfaces (plus two additional Satellites) into a single powerhouse production system. Cascaded Apollos share DSP and I/O, and you can easily manage it all via a single Console window.
This Universal Audio Thunderbolt-equipped audio interface is compatible with UA’s free LUNA software. LUNA is a complete music production environment for tracking, editing, and mixing. And thanks to its ultra-tight hardware/software integration, you can take control of your interface’s monitoring, talkback, and headphone systems, track and overdub with UAD DSP-accelerated plug-ins in real time, and benefit from full software-based control over Apollo’s Unison mic preamps, all without leaving your production software. LUNA is the closest you’ll come to an analog workflow in the software realm. It delivers spot-on analog sound, along with the creative immediacy of real-time processing.
LUNA also includes Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, which supplies fast analog-style tracking and overdubbing using Apollo’s onboard DSP acceleration. Anyone who’s used a high-end DSP-assisted hardware/DAW recording system will appreciate the super-tight integration between LUNA and Universal Audio interfaces. LUNA also supplies you with unlimited track counts, contextual editing and browsing, UAD and AU plug-in compatibility, a session auto-save function, and AAF importing.
LUNA software comes with the Shape Creative Toolkit, a superb virtual instrument with modern and vintage keys, drums/percussion, guitar/bass, orchestral content, and real-time synthesis, plus the Oxide Tape Extension, a killer saturation effect, right out of the box. But to get the most out of this system, you’ll want UA’s LUNA Creator Bundle (sold separately). This bundle includes ultra-realistic Neve 80 Series console and Studer A800 multitrack tape extensions, plus two software instruments. The best part about LUNA extensions is that once you install them, their sound is baked right into LUNA’s mixer — no need to instantiate a bunch of plug-ins.
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Heritage Edition Audio Interface Features:
- Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac with 2 analog inputs, 4 analog outputs, and 8 channels of ADAT input
- Sounds amazing, with next-generation AD/DA for maximum fidelity
- Use outstanding UAD Powered Plug-ins for tracking and mixdown
- Preamps sound pristine, and Unison technology gives you spot-on emulations of classic preamps
- Includes a premium plug-in suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-ins, along with the Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle with accurate emulations of vintage analog hardware
- Thunderbolt gives you ultra-low latency and huge bandwidth for higher sample rates and track counts
- Compact design makes it perfect for mobile recording, mixing outside of your studio, and even performing live
- Hands-on control over your monitor outputs
- Cascade up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces and 6 total UAD devices
- Free Thunderbolt cable included
- Compatible with UA’s LUNA software for ultra-tight hardware/software integration